Ralphe's new in-home music studio is finally up and running!
Located centrally near Sylvia Park in Auckland, we are looking forward to working with creatives and new talent to bring ideas to life.
Our studio space is suited to recording vocalists, voice-overs, solo artists, acoustic duos, or small ensembles.
- As a guide, the hourly rate for studio is $50/hour (inc gst), minimum 4 hour booking.
- Also ask us about our day rates
- per song rates (as a guideline, a 3 minute solo singer/songwriter track of vocals and one instrument, may average 7 to 10 hours to complete. This time amount includes tracking, overdubs, mixing, mastering).
- project rates for EPs, albums, etc.
- If you are an APRA registered songwriter, ask about our royalty-share offer to reduce your upfront recording costs, we may only offer this though for select talent.
WHAT WE OFFER:
As well as a comfortable recording space with professional audio equipment, we can:
✓ Help coach and mentor talent to prepare themselves for the music industry.
✓ Guide on how to distribute your music.
✓ Help connect you with local contacts for further learning.
✓ Understanding of labels, contracts, artist development, tips before debut.
✓ Recruiting additional session musicians (we have some friends to help).
✓ Creating videos to support your music, and other questions in between.
Experience-wise we have worked on releases that eventually got NZ-On Air funding, and indie material of all genres.
Our space has been used as:
✓ A cost-effective place to draft demos.
✓ A bouncing board for ideas.
✓ Adding additional layers then later taking them to a bigger or specialized studio.
✓ Everything in-house from tracking, mixing and mastering.
EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR USE:
✓ Vast and versatile microphone collection, the standards, from Neumann to AKG.
✓ Professional grade preamps from Avalon to Universal Audio.
✓ A unique & comprehensive collection of synthesizers from Korg to Roland.
✓ Selection of guitars, and Fender to Blackstar amps.
✓ And a few other goodies to keep you in play and creative.
✓ Space is for recording only (no rehearsal rooms).
✓ Studio has wheelchair access and an accessible bathroom.
✓ Plenty of nearby parking (off road).
✓ Sylvia Park only minutes away (and other nearby options for food, though packing a lunch-bag is recommended for long day sessions).
OUR POINT OF DIFFERENCE:
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder! So if you like our showreel, our music, and/or our general ethos - we'd love to be creative with you.
For booking enquiries please use our contact page.
READY TO RECORD?
To get the most out of a studio session, we have the following recommendations:
1. Set a goal for your session, how many tracks are you looking to achieve? Be realistic in what you can achieve with given timeframes.
2. Finish your writing before arriving, aim for 90% pre-written, 10% improv when in studio.
3. Check your equipment works (fresh strings, bring unique power adapters etc).
4. Have a working backup of your files.
5. Bounce down stems (uncompressed WAV file - individual stems recommended).
6. Get some food to take with you.
7. Rehearse prior to recording to the best of your abilities. This is called 'pre-production'.
8. Pay a deposit, half now, and other half to receive your master recordings.
9. Mix on another day.
10. Have fun!